Learn how compensation systems result in behavior that puts CPAs at risk. This event may be a rebroadcast of a live event and the instructor will be available to answer your questions during the event.
CPAs, clients, internal auditors, controllers, CFOs, Executives, board members, Business Owners, Attorneys
At the conclusion attendees will be able to recognize the operational, financial and audit risks caused by defective compensation systems.
Using real cases, learn how several typical compensation systems cause employees and management to behave in a manner that has an adverse effect on the entity's best interest, resulting in control, financial reporting and auditing risks.
- Government risk - Policing for profit
- Industry risk - Trucking companies
- Company risk - Domino’s
- Regulatory risk - First Energy Davis-Bessie Power Plant
- Healthcare - Discharging patients to maximize profits
- Nonprofits - Rewards based on outputs vs. inputs
- Schools - Perverse incentives compel teachers to cheat
- BONUS - Maximize profits - How to transform goal incongruence into goal congruence