The course provides general information on how to identify money laundering activities during the conduct of normal tax audits. Discover key resources and tools available for effective detection and deterrence.
Practitioners who want to explore how to better detect illicit money, and combat corrupt acts in the world that revolve around money including drugs, human trafficking, terrorism and more.
After attending this presentation you will be able to...
- Raise awareness of tax examiners and tax auditors about money laundering and tax crimes
- How to identify possible suspicious transactions
- Review key indicators of criminal money
- Explain how money laundering impacts ethical decision-making
The major topics that will be covered in this class include:
- Money laundering overview
- Role of tax examiners and auditors
- Tax return examination
- Pre-audit indicators
- Audit flags
- Real estate issues
- Cash indicators
- International trade signals
- Loan considerations
- Professional service provider concerns
- Money laundering and ethics