The course provides general information on how to recognize signals of possible bribery or corruption in the course of regular tax examinations and audits. Discover key resources and tools available for effective detection and deterrence.
Practitioners who want to explore how to better detect illegal transactions, unethical activities, and breaches of trust that compromise good governance, fair competition, health and safety, and other foundations of a civilized society and stable economy.
After attending this presentation you will be able to...
- Raise awareness of tax examiners and tax auditors about bribery and corruption
- How to identify possible suspicious transactions
- Review key indicators of illicit activities
- Explain how bribery and corruption impact ethical decision-making
The major topics that will be covered in this class include:
- What is bribery?
- What is corruption?
- Role of the tax administration in combating bribery and corruption
- Role of tax examiners and tax auditors
- Indicators of possible bribery or corruption
- External and internal risk factors
- Taxpayer transaction indicators
- Payment and money flow signals
- Bribery and ethics