This program discusses the factors in choosing the best choice of entity for your client after considering the impact of various recent tax acts and legislation, including the Section 199A deduction for flow-through entities. This event may be a rebroadcast of a live event and the instructor will be available to answer your questions during the event.
CPAs in public practice and industry seeking an update on the latest tax developments affecting choice of entity
After attending this presentation you will be able to...
- Provide an update of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act provisions related to choice of entity.
- Distinguish between corporate tax rates to individual tax rates
- Identify the latest tax legislations and developments
The major topics that will be covered in this class include:
- Discussion of the impact of the Section 199A flow-through entities deduction, including ramifications of the C to S election and S to C election
- Corporate tax rate to individual tax comparison examples
- The latest tax legislation and developments related to choice of entity, including sole proprietors, single member LLCs, partnerships/LLCs, S corporations and C corporations
Basic working knowledge of business taxation