This course discusses the most recent tax law changes impacting the capitalization, depreciation and disposition of business assets, with a focus on Section 179 and Section 168(k) deductions, real property, and luxury auto depreciation. This course qualifies for PTIN credit.
CPAs in public practice and industry seeking an update on the latest tax developments affecting capitalization, depreciation and disposition.
After attending this presentation you will be able to...
- Provide an update on the most recent legislation and regulations related to capitalizing, depreciating and disposing of business assets.
The major topics that will be covered in this class include:
- Recent tax legislation and administrative developments related to capitalization and eligible property for Section 179 and Section 168(k).
- Discussion of the Section 179 and Section 168(k) deductions and their use to depreciate real property.
- Disposition of segments of real property.
- Exchanges of tangible personal property after repeal of the like-kind exchange rules.
- Luxury auto depreciation.
- Standard mileage rate and when to use it.
Basic working knowledge of tax depreciation.