This course focuses on using the Power Pivot features to enhance data analysis. We will review the 4 features of Power Pivot (data model, calculations, hierarchies and KPI's) and you will learn how you can use each of these features. Although, the majority of the time will be spent on building the data model and using calculations.
Anyone who uses or wants to use Excel for data analysis
After attending this presentation you will be able to...
- Create a data model using Power Pivot
- Differentiate between calculated columns and measures
- Use Power Pivot for data analysis
The major topics that will be covered in this class include:
- Data modeling in Power Pivot
- Using basic DAX to create calculations
- What are and when to use calculated columns and measures
- Using the data model in Power Pivot to create PivotTables
- Hierarchies in Power Pivot
TO SEE OUR FULL PREREQUISITE RECOMMENDATIONS AND INSTRUCTIONS, CLICK HERE
This course is #6 in the Microsoft Power BI series of webinars. Click button below to see suggested viewing order.View Series Sequence
Attended the Use Power Query to Transform Your Data course or equivalent
Install Power Pivot (email: PowerBI@cpax.net for details)