Most accountants use Excel to help them make decisions about their data. However, as the amount of data grows, it becomes difficult to make strategic decisions based on rows and rows and columns and columns of data. In this course, you will learn how to build robust dashboards for analyzing key metrics in Excel. We will begin with some dashboard design guidelines, such as understanding your audience and identifying necessary metrics. Then, we will work through creating key performance indicators (KPIs) for the dashboards. You will learn how you can add charts and eye-catching visuals, in order to make your dashboards easily understood.
Anyone who wants to use Excel to make strategic decisions
After attending this presentation you will be able to...
- Use dashboards to make strategic decisions
- Create KPI dashboards that graphically represent your data
- Use Excel tools to easily create meaningful KPI dashboards
The major topics that will be covered in this class include:
- Dashboard design guidelines
- Using Excel features to create visuals
- Using visuals to create dashboards
- Introduce new Power BI tools that enhance visual and dashboard creation
This course is #4 in the Microsoft Power BI series of webinars. Click button below to see suggested viewing order. View Series Sequence
Attended the PivotTable course or equivalent