Technology is constantly changing and with that change a need arises to reevaluate how we approach auditing. We are seeing more electronic transaction documentation and less paper. Clients want more data analysis and conclusions on the data. In order to stay ahead of this evolution, we need to understand and develop new techniques in auditing. This course will cover basic knowledge on data analytics with broad application and offer detailed practical guidance and illustrations.
All firms, staff and individuals looking to gain additional knowledge on data analytics in a general sense as well as through practical analysis.
Participants will take away knowledge on the tools involved with performing data analytic techniques, best practices and practical tips and tricks that can be implemented immediately. Firms will also gain knowledge on developing a plan to successfully utilize specialized technologies to increase efficiency and effectiveness on audits using data analytic tools and techniques.
- Overview of data analytics
- Understanding data systems
- Transmission and receipt of data
- Discussion on specialized technologies to aid in the audit plan
- Interrogating data and practical application of specialized technologies
- Case studies in practical application
- Creating a workable internal plan to maximize usage of specialized technology
Basic auditing and accounting course or experience.
Course materials are distributed electronically. To access the materials visit My Events
. Download to your laptop or tablet prior to the seminar, handouts are added as received.