NJCPA Ovation Awards honor superstars whose exemplary efforts and stellar achievements are advancing New Jersey’s accounting profession.
The annual Ovation Awards Program recognizes the multitude of ways that individuals contribute significant time, energy and intellect to developing our profession and fostering its success. The awards celebrate the high achievers who are emerging leaders, innovators, champions of diversity, educators, volunteers, notable women and other individuals who have made a substantial impact in accounting.
The Ovation Awards strive to be an esteemed accolade among the CPA community and a badge which distinguishes professional excellence.
Start Your Nomination
For optimal performance of this form, download it and save a copy to your computer before completing.
The annual Ovation Awards Program recognizes an individual’s significant contributions to the accounting profession in seven categories.
- Emerging Leaders. Are you, or do you know a savvy superstar who has been working in the accounting profession 10 years or less? The individual has had noteworthy professional accomplishments; combined personal and professional achievements that merit special recognition; actively participated in the advancement of the profession or NJCPA; and stands out in the areas of professional knowledge, skill, integrity and leadership. (Awarded to NJCPA members only)
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion. Honor the champions of diversity, equity and inclusion who work passionately to make the accounting and finance profession open, welcoming and fair to encourage and promote initiatives and change, regardless of race, sexual orientation, religion, age, gender, disability status or other dimension of diversity.
- Innovation. Innovation is transforming accounting at lightning speed. Eligible candidates are driving innovation of all kinds, as it relates to accounting — leveraging new technologies, using forward-thinking data analytics strategies, implementing alternative business models or rolling out experimental engagement strategies to improve employee culture.
- Exceptional Educators. Recognize full-time college accounting educators who distinguish themselves with their excellence in teaching and prominence in state-wide or regional activity to actively encourage careers in accounting and by serving as role models in academia.
- Women to Watch. Applaud the growth and success of female NJCPA members for their leadership, potential, contributions and/or commitment to fostering the success of their colleagues. (Awarded to NJCPA members only)
- Impact. This award recognizes those who dedicate meaningful time and energy to any of the following commendable endeavors: Giving back to the community; sharing professional expertise to support others; or advancing the interests and needs of the accounting profession through active engagement, leadership or advocacy.
- Lifetime Leader. Celebrate the standout NJCPA member of exceptional merit for remarkable contributions to the accounting profession over the course of their career. This individual has abundant professional achievements, extensive community service, steadfast determination and model leadership, making the recipient of this distinction a truly exceptional, lifetime leader. (Awarded to NJCPA members only)
Award recipients receive:
- Social badge to display to peers, colleagues, clients and advisors
- Publicity in business and accounting media
- Special recognition at the 2019 NJCPA Convention & Expo
- Featured coverage in New Jersey CPA Magazine
- Acknowledgement in NJCPA’s communications
Nominations are due by Friday, May 17.
Nominate yourself or a colleague who has made an impact — it’s quick and easy. Nominations can be submitted by NJCPA members, human resource and marketing team members, and other colleagues. For certain award categories, only NJCPA members are eligible. Multiple nominations can be submitted; please use a separate form for each submission.
- May 17, 2019 — Award nominations are due
- First week in June — Award winners are notified
- June 12, 2019 — Award recipients are recognized at the NJCPA Annual Convention & Expo in Atlantic City
- September — Award recipients are honored in a special section of New Jersey CPA magazine
Start Your Nomination
For optimal performance of this form, download it and
save a copy to your computer before completing.
Submission Guidelines and Frequently Asked Questions
Who is eligible to receive an Ovation Award?
Anyone is eligible to receive an award in most categories. Only NJCPA members are eligible for the Emerging Leaders, Women to Watch and Lifetime Leader categories.
Can an individual be nominated for more than one award category?
Yes. Complete a separate nomination form for each candidate in for each award category.
Can an individual receive more than one Ovation Award in the same year?
Yes. Awards can be achieved in multiple award categories.
Do I need to be present at the NJCPA Annual Convention & Expo to receive an award?
No. You will receive the same amount of recognition for winning the award whether you attend the Convention & Expo or not.
Why should I nominate someone or myself for an Ovation Award?
Exemplary work that advances the accounting profession should not go unnoticed. The Ovation Awards show appreciation for professional excellence and distinguish exemplary accomplishments and intellect.
View our previous award recipients: