7 Ways to Address COVID-19 Vaccinations Within the Workplace
As offices reopen for the new year and implement new COVID-19 protocols, it’s a good opportunity for CPAs to review what standards are mandatory for their companies and their clients and what recommendations make sense. On Nov. 5, 2021, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) published its COVID-19 Vaccination and Testing Emergency Temporary Standard (ETS), which impacts businesses that have at least 100 employees, with some exceptions. Businesses were required to comply with most provisions of the ETS by Dec. 5, 2021, and testing requirements went into effect Jan. 4, 2022.
Here are seven tips to consider about the new COVID-19 vaccination policy:
- Stay Informed. Make colleagues and clients aware of federal, state and local government updates on COVID-19 vaccines.
- Seek assistance from HR. Reach out to HR professionals to help make the process easier.
- Motivate employees to get the vaccine. Encourage the use of time off for vaccinations and provide incentives to get vaccinated.
- Invest in tools. Recommend ways to invest in tools, technology and HR resources to manage the new policies in the workplace.
- Track employee vaccinations. Consider tools and resources that track employees’ vaccination status.
- Communicate vaccine updates. Update employees on the latest vaccination policies.
- Offer digital options. Digital tools can help with managing the COVID-19 vaccination process.
As 79 percent of small and midsize businesses plan to encourage employees to get the COVID-19 vaccine, according to Paychex research, it’s important to map out a plan to manage the vaccination process.