NJCPA Names Harry P. Wills III, CPA, CGMA, of Bowman & Company President for 2021/22
The New Jersey Society of Certified Public Accountants (NJCPA) has named Harry P. Wills III, CPA, CGMA, partner at Bowman & Company LLP of Voorhees, president for the 2021/22 term. Wills replaces Alan D. Sobel, CPA, CGMA, managing member of the firm at SobelCo, LLC, in Livingston.
Wills’ dedication to the NJCPA dates back to 1987 when he first joined the Society. He is a past president of the Southwest Jersey Chapter and participated in numerous NJCPA committees and interest groups, including the NJCPA Scholarship Fund, Retirement Savings Plan Committee, Strategic Planning Committee and both the Federal and State Taxation interest groups.
An advocate for growing the CPA pipeline, Wills plans to focus his presidency on initiatives to assist accounting students, young professionals looking to become CPAs and accountants advancing towards leadership positions. “As the accounting profession incorporates new uses of data analytics and other technological advancements, it’s imperative that we focus our attention on growing the profession and assisting the leaders of tomorrow,” he said.
Wills is well versed in giving back to the youth of the community, having spent years as a board member and finance chair of Symphony in C, one of the largest musical educational programs in Camden County. He has also been a member of Rotary International for over 25 years, assisting international as well as local students.
“Harry brings years of taxation and auditing experience to the role, along with exceptional involvement with the next generation of CPAs and keeping the profession as open as possible. We look forward to working together on many projects that further the role of CPAs in the business community,” said Ralph Albert Thomas, CPA (DC), CGMA, CEO and executive director at the NJCPA.
Wills earned his Bachelor of Science in Accounting from St. Joseph University. He and his wife, Alexandra, live in Camden County. They have three adult children and six grandchildren.
2021/22 NJCPA Board of Trustees
- President: Harry P. Wills III, CPA, CGMA — Bowman & Company LLP
- President-Elect: Kathleen F. Powers, CPA — Matheny Medical and Educational Center
- Secretary: Jordan D. Amin, CPA, MST — EisnerAmper LLP
- Treasurer: June M. Toth, CPA, CFF, CITP, CGMA — zbt Certified Public Accounting & Consulting, LLC
- Immediate Past President: Alan D. Sobel, CPA, CGMA — SobelCo, LLC
- CEO & Executive Director: Ralph Albert Thomas, CPA (DC), CGMA — NJCPA
- Dennis W. Bartlett, CPA — Cullari Carrico LLC
- Isabel Del Corral, CPA — McIntee Fusaro Del Corral, LLC
- JoAnne Geylin, CPA — EisnerAmper LLP
- Jesse M. Herschbein, CPA — Prager Metis CPAs, LLC
- Noorus S. Khan, CPA — Smolin, Lupin & Co., P.A.
- Jason Lauretta, CPA — ADP
- Altheia Leduc, CPA — Gold Gerstein Group LLC
- Christopher M. Lovasz, CPA — Deloitte
- Brian G. Nafash, CPA — Massood & Company, P.A.
- Michael A. Stillitano, CPA — National Retail Systems, Inc.
- Christopher R. Stoop, CPA — EisnerAmper LLP
- Katherine E. Zech, CPA — PKF O’Connor Davies, LLP