New Jersey Society of CPAs Names Deloitte’s Kyle Sell President for 2019/20
The New Jersey Society of Certified Public Accountants (NJCPA) has named Kyle Sell, CPA, MBA, audit & assurance partner at Deloitte & Touche LLP in Parsippany, president for the 2019/20 term.
Since joining the NJCPA in 2004, Kyle has served on numerous committees and interest groups. He is a past president of the NJCPA Scholarship Fund, a member of the Student Programs & Scholarships Committee, as well as a former chair of the Professional Conduct Committee.
From interviewing NJCPA scholarship candidates interested in the accounting profession to teaching at his alma mater, Lafayette College, Kyle knows first-hand how to inform the next generation about the benefits of becoming a CPA. As president, he will focus on engaging more young professionals as well as work to ensure the accounting field remains open and diverse to all.
“Taking on the role of president seems to be a natural fit for Kyle, whose dedication to the next generation and to furthering the profession are truly commendable,” said Ralph Albert Thomas, CPA (DC), CGMA, CEO and executive director at the NJCPA. Kyle succeeds Sarah Krom, CPA, managing partner of SKC & Co. CPAs, LLC, in Boonton Township, who served as president for the 2018/19 year.
Kyle has more than 25 years of service at Deloitte, primarily focusing on life science, process and industrial companies.
He earned his B.A. in economics and business at Lafayette College and his MBA in finance from Columbia University. He lives in Hunterdon County with his wife, Jocelyn, and four daughters.
2019/20 NJCPA Board of Trustees
- President: Kyle Sell, CPA, MBA — Deloitte & Touche LLP
- President-Elect: Alan Sobel, CPA, CGMA, SobelCo.
- Secretary: Edward O’Connell, CPA, CGMA, CFF, CFE — WithumSmith+Brown
- Treasurer: Carol Donatiello Iocca, CPA — WilkinGuttenplan
- Immediate Past President: Sarah Krom, CPA — SKC & Co., CPAs, LLC
- CEO & Executive Director: Ralph Albert Thomas, CPA (DC), CGMA — NJCPA
- Jordan D. Amin, CPA — EisnerAmper LLP
- Dennis Bartlett, CPA — Cullari Carrico LLC
- Gregory A. Bedard, CPA — Prudential Financial
- Michael Coletti, CPA — Mazars USA LLP
- Noorus Khan, CPA — Smolin, Lupin & Co., P.A.
- Jason Lauretta, CPA — ADP
- Justin O’Horo, CPA — WithumSmith+Brown
- Kathleen Powers, CPA — Matheny Medical and Educational Center
- Megan A. Sartor, CPA — SAX LLP
- Shaune Scutellaro, CPA — CohnReznick LLP
- Christopher Stoop, CPA — EisnerAmper LLP
- June Toth, CPA — ZBT Certified Public Accounting & Consulting, LLC